Are Party Buses worth it?
When it comes to transporting a large group of people to a classy event, many people opt for a limo bus service or party bus. Finding a party bus that fits your needs isn’t always easy, but it’s definitely worth it. Party buses are an affordable and unique option for group transportation rentals for bachelor or bachelorette parties. That being said, there are many misconceptions about party buses. Here are some common myths you may have heard about party buses.
1. MYTH: PARTY BUSES ARE TOO EXPENSIVE.
This myth probably stems from the fact that most party buses have a very classy look. But the fact is, party bus rentals are very affordable if the cost is split between multiple people. Keep in mind that prices are mostly dependent on the specific package you choose and the number of passengers you have.
2. MYTH: PARTY BUSES ARE DIRTY.
This may be true for less-than-reputable limo companies, but any trustworthy limo service understands the importance of keeping their vehicles clean. Even if your party bus gets rented the night before by a crazy group of guys attending a bachelor party, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be spotless when it comes to pick you up.
3. MYTH: THERE AREN’T ANY RULES.
This myth may be ridiculous, but it’s more common than you might think. Most professional party bus rental services have a strict protocol when it comes to procedures like canceling, rescheduling, and general reservation policies. Make sure to read all the fine print before committing to a party bus rental.
4. MYTH: PARTY BUS RENTAL COMPANIES ARE UNRELIABLE.
While there are party bus rental companies that don’t conduct their business properly, most services prioritize the customer experience and make sure that you get where you need to go by the time you need to be there. Keep in mind that other services may also take advantage of your money by not honoring the contract or by changing details at the last minute. But with a professional party bus rental service, you’ll get nothing but the absolute best service.
Don’t Rent A Party Bus Without Reading This First
What, exactly, should you be aware of before renting your first party bus?
The Four Most Important Things To Keep in Mind Before Renting a Party Bus
1. THE #1 RULE FOR ANY GROUP TRANSPORTATION (BUT ESPECIALLY PARTY BUSES)
This is pretty straightforward, and gross, but it’s worth saying: it is very rude to puke inside a party bus. While it’s perfectly acceptable to responsibly drink alcohol aboard a party bus, going overboard or binge drinking can be a bad idea. Keep an eye on your fellow passengers, and remind everyone to pace themselves.
For an in-depth blog post on party bus etiquette, click here.
2. SIZE IS EVERYTHING
Ideally, you want a few extra seats open inside your limo bus service; however, dozens of empty spaces will make for an awkward party bus experience. That means you need to double check beforehand to make sure you aren’t renting a 50 passenger party bus when you need a 20 person party bus instead.
3. WORK OUT THE LOGISTICS AHEAD OF TIME
The special event limo service is experienced in planning transport for everything from weddings and wine tours to airport shuttles and corporate transportation. That means we know how to solve logistical problems and ensure there’s always a place for the bus to park. Work with your limo service to ensure there will be ample parking available for the bus itself at your destination, and also to work out any other logistical hurdles ahead of time.
4. NOT ALL LIMO SERVICES ARE CREATED EQUAL
We take pride in our fleet of limousines and Fresno party buses, but not every limo service can say the same. You don’t want to drop hundreds on party bus rentals only to discover that you’ve really paid for a barely renovated school bus. Make sure you read about the vehicle’s specific amenities before you sign on the dotted line.
Here are the top 4 things to remember when researching a company and choosing a bus to rent for your prom.
- See the bus is person – Its always best to go view the actual bus at the company location prior to putting down a deposit and make sure the vehicle you want is described on the rental agreement by license plate or vehicle ID.
- Place a deposit and sign a contract. Placing a deposit is an important step to securing your vehicle as it ensures that no other group can reserve that vehicle on your prom night. Make sure you receive a contract and return it to the company with signature. With a contract in place both you and the company have agreed to terms and are mutually responsible. Without a deposit or contract you are at risk of having the bus not show up which nobody wants to happen on prom night.
- Collect all the money from the passengers well in advance. All too often we have seen groups fail to collect the money in advance and when the vehicle arrives the primary contract holder is running around trying to collect from everyone. This creates added un-needed stress and often results in “coming up short” forcing the contract holder to pay the difference due.
- Cheaper does not mean better. Transportation is expensive business when done safely and correctly. Don’t be tempted to save a few dollars by going with a cheap company because chances are your will receive a cheap service and a cheap vehicle. Safety is not something worth risking and its important to research the company thoroughly before booking. How long have they been in business? How many vehicles are in the fleet? What is the age of the vehicle? Have you checked their yelp reviews and CHP rating? These are just a few questions to ask when selecting a vehicle for prom.
What you can find inside a party bus
Of course, not all party buses are the same, but you can expect to have a unique experience that provides plenty of fun.
For example, many party bus companies fit their vehicles out so that they offer a large TV, for entertainment during a journey. This doesn’t have to mean movies and TV shows, because it can also be used for video games.
The entertainment system on a bus can be relied upon to be pretty special. With music being a big part of a party, you can expect surround sound and the usual phone/MP3 sockets so you can arrange your own playlist.
Moving on from basic features like entertainment systems, a party bus can also replicate the feel of a club too. It is not unknown for a party bus to have a mini dry ice or fog machine, which of course really makes the occasion memorable. Alongside this, some of them even feature a hard surface dance floor, so a real club experience can be enjoyed.
How big are they?
There are a number of different bus models available on the market. So you have a wide range of choices here. However, the biggest can, believe it or not, easily accommodate over 30 people. These are becoming popular all over the world, including the USA, with the famous range of choice available with party bus rental, for example. While these are quite rare, they are available, so if you need that kind of capacity it is there for you.
It is quite common to find small party buses that are still able to accommodate 10 people, so there is plenty of scope, whatever the event you are hiring for.
Essentially, a party bus is as big as you need it to be.
There is no issue if you have an event that will include alcohol. For starters, there is no need for a designated driver. The bus carries all of the party, and everyone can relax and unwind with a drink. Another great feature that many people find attractive is the group aspect. People appreciate the fact that a group can be kept together and be transported from venue to venue. This has a huge impact upon safety and allows for more fun and less stress, especially on a night out.
Whichever way you look at it, a party bus is a great way to have a good time, in safety, and with pretty much all of your friends.